You might have seen my tweet on Sunday in relation to finding someone to work with me on various social media related projects.
Emails are hitting my inbox regarding social media and digital communication projects and after six months of working what feels like non-stop, I’d now like to collaborate with an upcoming social media doer. Yes, exciting times!
I’d like to let the relationship evolve fairly organically in terms of what kind of arrangement it would be. But I will say, I’m not looking for someone who is already consulting in this space full time, has their own agency, or someone who classifies themselves as a “social media expert”. I’m looking for someone who would like to grow their already-awesome skills, is addicted to learning and wants to get experience with the approach I use for social media. I’m not about building hollow numbers or implementing short-lived gimmicky campaigns – I take a deep content and community focus that’s consistent. Social media can be a hard slog requiring patience, and it certainly shouldn’t be viewed in isolation from the broader marketing mix.
There is plenty of opportunity to work together on great innovative and experimental brands (including many of Australia’s latest startups) so who knows where this could lead! Where I haven’t been able to take on jobs so far due to workload, I’ve been referring them to my network. Ideally, this collaboration will lead me to understand and trust how the person working with me operates, so we’ll be able to manage the work ourselves.
I’m currently overseas, so am looking to move things forward online in the next couple of weeks.
So, without further ado, get in touch if the following sounds applicable:
- You are curious and interested in the world around you
- You like helping people and being useful
- You are a strong and efficient communicator
- You use social media daily, and understand it’s not just Twitter and Facebook
- You can spell, story tell and smile
- You don’t ride high on ego
- You have alternate income streams and are a self-sufficient individual
- You are creative and have amazing ideas, but can get things done
- You like researching and uncovering the best of the web
- You are contactable throughout the working week and are able to execute tasks during office hours (e.g. tweet for clients)
- You can meet up once a fortnight/month in-person and cowork together
- You love the work you do, and can turn tasks around quickly
- Optional: You have a desire to co-organise social media events, workshops and do speaking gigs
I’d love to find out more about you if we haven’t already met. If you could email me a bit about yourself, some links to your online presence, how much time you have free per week, how much you like to be paid per hour/project and anything else you feel applicable.
Thanks – I hope this is the beginning of a flourishing relationship!